This month, Allure Magazine presented a list of tricks for achieving thicker hair, especially for those of you with fine hair. We loved what they had to say, so we’re sharing it you!
1. Use two volumizing products at once. Prep damp hair from roots to ends with a volumizing spray and a lightweight mousse. “The roots need lift and hold, and the length needs bulk, which is hard to achieve with one product,” says hairstylist Nunzio Saviano, wonder of Nunzio Saviano in New York City.
2. Defy gravity. Flip your head upside down and tousle your hair why you blow-dry, says hair stylist Garren of the Garren New York salon.
3. Tamp down frizz and flyways–not volume. Once your hair is dry, use your blow-dryer and a big round brush to smooth hair while adding more body. Use medium heat (hot air flattens hair) and only brushes with wooden or cork cores. Metal can scorch fine hair.
4. Ok, be a little meticulous. To make the volume last, set hair in large Velcro rollers for ten minutes. Try Conair Think Big Self-Grip Rollers.
5. Mess up your part. A side part that zigzags gives you a little lift at the roots, and “your scalp will show through less,” says hairstylist Serge Normant of the Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon in New York City.
6. Do it all again the next day. Just kidding. Flip your head over and mist dry roots with a light-hold hair spray, like Tresemme Tres Two Spray. Wait about 30 seconds before you turn right-side up, because it takes that long for hair spray to dry.
Everyone Deserves the Row A Treatment – Row A / Stylists On-Call
Credit: Allure Magazine